Ingredients (recipe makes 8/9 cookies)
75g chocolate, broken into small chunks (dark, milk or white)
30g brown sugar
30g caster sugar
50g baking spread
A drop of vanilla essence
75g self-raising flour
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees centigrade and line a baking tray with baking parchment.
2. Cream the baking spread and sugar in a mixing bowl, then add the vanilla essence.
3. Sift in the flour and combine well into the mixture. Stir in the chocolate, making sure the chunks are well distributed within the dough.
4. Using a tablespoon, scoop the dough into small balls, flatten slightly to make that round cookie shape, then place on the baking tray. Repeat this for all of the mixture.
5. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, or until nicely golden brown, then leave to cool.
These cookies are great treats to have around the house, and require minimal effort to make. They also double up as great home-made gifts! Let me know if you try this recipe!